Pain in the joints without swelling is called Arthralgia.
Pain in the joints with swelling and inflammation is called Arthritis.
The main causes of arthritis are as follows.
1. Osteo arthritis - It commonly presents at 50 years of age. Pain is typically in the knees, hips or hands, worst in the evenings and aggravated by use and relieved by rest. There is swelling with signs of inflammation, limitation of movement and also, at times, deformity of joints.
2. Rheumatoid arthritis - It is a common, chronic, systemic disease producing
- a symmetrical inflammatory poly arthritis
- even extra articular involvement, eg. I lungs, or other organs
- progressive joint damage causing severe disability in young people.
It is more common in women than in men. The cause is exactly unknown, but It is considered to be an autoimmune disease.
3. In some connective tissue disorders, or vascular disorders.
4. Crystal deposition diseases such as gout etc.
5. Arthritis associated with other diseases, eg. Psoriasis
Abrotanum: joint pains after suppression of diarrhea; joints stiff and swollen; wrist and ankles mainly affected.
Aconite: acute joint pains after exposure to cold dry winds; acute pains with bright red swelling of joints.
Arnica Montana: joints are painful, sore and tender; sore, lame, bruised feeling; constant fear of being touched or being approached.
Bryonia: pains worse from least motion and touch; better by rest.
Causticum: gout and rheumatic inflammation with contraction and stiffness of joints.
Colchicum Autumnale: must move the joints constantly but motion does not relieve; tendency to paralytic weakness.
Guaiacum: tearing pain in extremities and contraction of muscles; pains worse from least motion and exertion with heat in the affected part.
Ledum Palustre: gout begins at lower and ascending; pains worse from heat and better from cold applications.
Rhododendron: pain aggravated in cold damp, windy, stormy weather; worse during rest; pain with enlarged of joints.
Rhus Toxicodendron: joint pains worse after exposure to cold, after rest; better after movements.
|ABROTANUM 30C - 400 Pellets (4dm)||2000252||8907460002525|
|ACONITUM NAPELLUS 30C - 400 Pellets (4dm)||2000552||8907460005526|
|ARNICA MONTANA 30C - 400 Pellets (4dm)||2004952||8907460049520|
|BRYONIA ALBA 30C - 400 Pellets (4dm)||2008752||8907460087522|
|CAUSTICUM 30C - 400 Pellets (4dm)||2011852||8907460118523|
|COLCHICUM AUTUMNALE 30C - 400 Pellets (4dm)||2015052||8907460150523|
|GUAIACUM 30C - 400 Pellets (4dm)||2021452||8907460214522|
|LEDUM PALUSTRE 30C - 400 Pellets (4dm)||2027252||8907460272522|
|RHODODENDRON CHRYSANTHUM 30C - 400 Pellets (4dm)||2037152||8907460371522|
|RHUS TOXICODENDRON 30C - 400 Pellets (4dm)||2037452||8907460374523|
Frequently Asked Questions and Answers
There are no entries.